BRISBANE / BLUE MOUNTAINS / SYDNEY
2 TEST TOUR
Saturday 4th July:
Australia V Ireland - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Saturday 11th July:
Australia V Ireland - Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
PRICE FROM: €3795 pps
Please Note that this is a provisional trip outline and details are subject to change.
THURSDAY 2nd JULY
Transfer on arrival to your Hotel.Accommodation:
Novotel Hotel Brisbane **** 4 Nights
FRIDAY 3rd JULY
SATURDAY 4th JULY
Today is TEST DAY
Ireland V Australia – Suncorp Stadium
SUNDAY 5th JULY
MONDAY 6th JULY
BRISBANE / SYDNEY
Flight to Sydney
Transfer on Arrival
5-star Intercontinental Sydney **** 6 Nights
TUESDAY 7th JULY
Blue Mountains Day Trip.
WEDNESDAY 8th JULY
THURSDAY 9th JULY
SYDNEY / HUNTER VALLEY
Hunter Valley Day Trip
FRIDAY 10th JULY
SATURDAY 11th JULY
Today is TEST DAY Ireland V Australia
SUNDAY 12th JULY
SYDNEY / HOME
Take a walk in the City Botanic Gardens.
Check out the Museum of Brisbane.
Check Out Australia Zoo
THINGS THAT YOU COULD DO FOR FREE–
• There is the huge Westfield shopping complex and the Sydney Tower.
• You will want to explore the Darling Harbour area and China Town or the Haymarket – Paddy Markets.
• Paddy's Markets is held a central place in Sydney's history for over 150 years. Paddy's Markets, Sydney's biggest markets have a wide variety of stalls; food, fashion, gifts and gadgets in a true market atmosphere. Level 2 has a few outlet stores, Level 1 food hall.
• Art Gallery of NSW Want to see van Gogh and Cézanne in Sydney? The Art Gallery of NSW has everything from Impressionism right through to contemporary sculpture and Indigenous art. The gallery itself is a pleasure to spend time in, with lovely archways and great views over Woolloomooloo. Entry is free to the permanent exhibitions. Address: Art Gallery Road, Sydney• Museum of Contemporary Art The MCA is located on the water’s edge at Circular Quay. It features more than 4000 works by Australian artists as well as temporary exhibitions. Entry is free for the permanent collection. Tip: The Café on level 4 has spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. Address: 140 George Street, The Rocks
• Walk across the Harbour Bridge It doesn’t cost a cent to walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Start from The Rocks and wander over to Milsons Point to enjoy sweeping views of the city and Sydney Harbour on the way. The walk across the bridge is approximately 1 kilometre and a nice easy (if a little windy) stroll. If you’re worn out once you reach the other side, you can grab a ferry from Milsons Point back to Circular Quay. Shopping is in Pitt Street.
• Experience tranquility at the Royal Botanic Gardens
These beautifully kept and appointed gardens have everything from succulents to herbs, as well as a tropical greenhouse.
• Be uplifted at St James' and St Mary’s
Two of Sydney’s loveliest churches are separated by just a short walk across Hyde Park. St Mary’s is a prime example of English Neo-Gothic style with some interesting local touches in its crypt
• Experience history at The Rocks Discovery Museum
Entry to this museum is free, making it the perfect starting point for an exploration of Sydney’s oldest neighbourhood, as well as the area’s rich Aboriginal heritage.• Queen Victoria Building Rich in history and architecturally splendid, the Queen Victoria Building (QVB) occupies an entire block on Sydney's George Street,
• Parts of the Australian National Maritime Museum are free, though if you want to climb aboard the ships and visit the latest exhibitions you’ll have to buy a ticket.
THINGS YOU CAN DO FOR A COST -
• WILDLIFE SYDNEY ZOO The Australian animal adventure in the heart of the City - Step into an animal adventure as you journey around Australia. Walk through iconic Australian habitats and encounter some of the most loved, feared and unique animals. Encounter the world’s most dangerous bird, the Cassowary, in the Daintree Rainforest, explore Kangaroo Walk-About, meet koalas in Gum Tree Valley and more! WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo features interactive displays, entertaining keeper talks and enhanced walk-through habitats including Koala Encounters, Kangaroo Walk-About and Butterfly Tropics. WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is open from 9.30am and located in the heart of the city, at Aquarium Wharf, Darling Harbour.
• CHINESE GARDEN OF FRIENDSHIP The Chinese Garden of Friendship is nestled at the south end of Darling harbour and a short walk from Chinatown. Entering the garden is like walking backwards in time into the quiet solitude of ancient Chinese
• MADAME TUSSAUDS SYDNEY Experience the glittering world of fame and Aussie 'legends' for a day at Madame Tussauds Sydney. You can take a call in the oval office desk next to Barack Obama and pose in the Royals family portrait.
• SEA LIFE SYDNEY AQUARIUM Located in the heart of Darling Harbour, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is an underwater journey of amazing discovery with 12 extraordinary themed zones.
• FERRY TO MANLY - Catch the Ferry to Manly from Circular Quay offer the stunning views of The Harbour Bridge and the opera House as you depart arrive in Manly and walk through the Corso, walk along the beach to the South end. Maybe have lunch on the beach.
200 Creek Street, Spring Hill, 4000 Brisbane, Australia
Novotel Brisbane, situated 300 m from Central Station, offers contemporary rooms with flat-screen satellite TV. It benefits from a gym, sauna and an outdoor swimming pool.
Guests at the Brisbane Novotel receive 20 minutes’ free internet access on the iMac computer station in the lobby. All rooms include a refrigerator, work desk and tea/coffee making facilities.
The Restaurant offers modern Australian cuisine, and The Bar features light meals and refreshing drinks. Guests can enjoy a range of snacks and coffees at Plan B Café.
The Novotel Brisbane is just 5 minutes' walk from Brisbane River, the Museum of Brisbane and St. John’s Cathedral. Eagle Street Pier is a 15-minute walk away.
The tour desk and car rental service offers guests the opportunity to explore further afield.
Corner of Phillip and Bridge Streets, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia
Located in a historic 19th-Century building in Circular Quay, near The Rocks, the 5-star InterContinental Hotel overlooks the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
All air-conditioned rooms at the InterContinental have views of the city or the harbour. Each room includes satellite TV and a minibar.
Guests can make use of the 24-hour fitness centre, or enjoy a range of beauty treatments at Sebastian Salon. Cafe Opera features a buffet with global cuisine and fresh seafood everyday.
The Royal Botanic Gardens are less than 5 minutes' walk away via Macquarie Street. Circular Quay Ferries are just a 2-minute walk away, convenient for those who need to travel across Sydney Harbour, or enjoy one of Sydney's famous whale-watching tours.